Author Topic: Dedicated Server 2.5.2  (Read 23043 times)

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
Re: Dedicated Server 2.5.2
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:22 pm »
As mentioned before, these are some great updates. There are so many long awaited features in one update! Great job.
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 03:51:49 pm »
- Fixed /nextmap not working (from 2.5.0/1)
- Fixed server appearance in local servers request (note for client: for non-default ports you must type the port in the port box and then request)

- Added Server-side Pascal scripting. Full documentation can be found at http://enesce.com/help/
- Added /tempban to temporarily ban an IP address. /tempban xx o.o.o.o (where xx is the amount of minutes, and o.o.o.o is the IP Address)
- Added /bandwidth command to view statistics about network traffic.
- Added Server can now run in the background using the -d parameter (Linux Only)

- Added -lock parameter to disable /loadcon, /password, and /maxplayers commands. (Server hosts)
- Added admins connected to the remote admin port are automatically added to the remote admin list
- Added bots can now be used to keep the teams even. (CTF/INF/HTF Only)
  ## Change BotBalanceTeams=1 in server.ini to enable. ##

Wow so many good updates, The ones I like the most ^^ Especially the -lock command and the auto balancing bots.

That is awesome, the server upgrade is defianlty the best and is gonna change the way a lot of things happen in the future (specifically the scripts).
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 03:52:40 pm »
Good job. I think it should be changed from 2.5.2 to 2.6. There are many more updates than in previous x.x.+1 updates.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 07:07:26 pm »
Make a new thread for that, dont spam this topic.

EDIT: Thanks flab.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 07:17:55 pm »
I've moved his post to a new thread in the Server Help forum

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 03:22:26 am »
Great to see those annoying bugs you introduced last version cleared up now (Y)

Have to test this and see how it goes now I guess. 

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
    • SoldatX Brazilian Community
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 01:59:51 pm »
EnEsCe has forgotten to add some maps to the dedicated server ... I don't know if thats why I am getting a Wrong Map Version error when joining in the server.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 02:02:00 pm by HEX »

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 02:18:42 pm »
wow nice :) scripting could be cool i guess ;) when i have time i will exemine

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 05:22:41 pm »
EnEsCe has forgotten to add some maps to the dedicated server ... I don't know if thats why I am getting a Wrong Map Version error when joining in the server.

There are no maps missing; I checked the old 2.5.0 install and it has the exact same maps. Besides, EnEsCe didn't even create the install AFAIK, MM did.

Either you have the wrong version of a map, or you are still suffering from the Wrong Map Version bug, which won't be fixed until 1.3.2. If the maps were missing it would not cause a Wrong Map Version anyways.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 07:58:18 pm »
Awesome, now I just need to find a basic documentation on Pascal...
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 03:19:29 am »
Seems I'm having a problem with trying to run multiple servers on the same host, just wondering if there is some workaround or some solution for it? 

think it has something to do with the following:

These settings need to be set in the server.ini which means they'll end up being the same for each server being run on the host.

BoundIP=
Port=
JoinPort=

This is a major issue. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:37:35 am by Replica »

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 07:20:55 am »
Seems I'm having a problem with trying to run multiple servers on the same host, just wondering if there is some workaround or some solution for it? 

These settings need to be set in the server.ini which means they'll end up being the same for each server being run on the host.

BoundIP=
Port=
JoinPort=

This is a major issue. 
You shouldn't run multiple servers from the same directory; each server whould have it's own directory and thus, it's own config. However, Port and JoinPort are NOT set in server.ini, they are set in soldat.ini.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58:07 am »

BoundIP=
Port=
JoinPort=

This is a major issue. 
You shouldn't run multiple servers from the same directory; each server whould have it's own directory and thus, it's own config. However, Port and JoinPort are NOT set in server.ini, they are set in soldat.ini.

A couple of versions ago MM added the command line arguments for soldat.ini, game port, and other parameters specifically so that multiple servers could be run from the same directory.... right?

Offline EnEsCe

• Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 10:03:10 am »
Replica, you might want to try reading the README.txt file :)

Offline kugelfang

• Major(1)
  • Ingame: riTuaL.dE
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 10:45:00 am »
Great Work EnEsCe, Thx for the new Version! ^^
MfG,
+SoUlFiRe`+

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 12:10:14 pm »
A question about the scripts, when are they loaded/reloaded?
When the server starts? At every map change?

If it's just on server start than everytime you need to change or fix a script you need to restart the server.
Maybe an admin command like /reloadscripts could be usefull to avoid this (restarting every time). It would read all scripts into memory again, but would need to keep (possible) variables/values that were created by the previous scripts, this is just to avoid problems like a function trying to read a variable that doesn't exist anymore (if you cleared them during /reloadscripts).

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 12:15:06 pm »
They are compiled when the server starts, but can be compiled at any given time with /recompile
As for existing variables, I'm not sure if they remain or not.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 07:45:47 pm »

BoundIP=
Port=
JoinPort=

This is a major issue. 

A couple of versions ago MM added the command line arguments for soldat.ini, game port, and other parameters specifically so that multiple servers could be run from the same directory.... right?

They can be, but they still share log files and banlists, among other things, and reads/writes to those things aren't thread safe from what I've read of Delphi's implementation; you basically end up with a race condition when you run off the same directory and it can cause funny things to happen. It's better to create directories for each servers configs, and symlink the binary, and maps/graphics as appropriate, from one controlling directory.

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 08:27:23 am »
I fixed the zip download. Folders /scenery-gfx/ and /textures/ where missing in soldatserver252.zip which caused some crashes apparently.

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 08:12:38 pm »
They are compiled when the server starts, but can be compiled at any given time with /recompile
As for existing variables, I'm not sure if they remain or not.
Thanks Ramirez.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!