Author Topic: Chrono unbanned  (Read 7022 times)

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
Re: Chrono unbanned
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 04:59:38 pm »
I still agree with VijchtiDoodah's point.
Plus, didn't he post infected files anyway (referring to topics like this one, which I guess were not made for nothing)?
Chrono seems to be quite an instable person. But if FLAB decided to unban him we should have faith.
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 05:03:55 pm »
Chrono didn't create those files, nor is he a hacker. He was just posting links to software that some fifteen year old kid made in a dark room somewhere. I really wouldn't want that crap on my PC.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 08:19:55 pm »
wow that is a big misunderstanding so he wasnt hacking after all right?Thats good welcome back chrono
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline GNU

• Major
    • Australian Soldat Community
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 11:43:32 pm »
Reminds me of a situation we once had with a hacker in Australian servers, he was all nice and stuff while hacking in servers but as soon as you insulted him he would cry and crash the server.

Anyway, he eventually got over being a giant pile of whiny scum and put his skills to good use in making Soldat a better game by providing servers and helping get rid of new hacks made for the game.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 12:33:50 am »
There is another point to FLAB's case as well, Vij'.

Why wait three weeks (or however you specified) before unbanning him just to let the "remorse" sink in? As you can see from his own posts, you'll see that he was quite ticked off about his map thread supposedly being locked and would have no regrets from his actions. In other words, just let him back in now and test his reliability as a member—if he wouldn't reform now, he will not have reformed in the future whatsoever, and it seems that indeed he has reformed (at least, for the time being, but unruly members can always be rebanned anyways).

I'm with FLAB. Don't cross me too much, tho'; I understand perfectly from your perspective on the matter. But trust me, lol :P I administrate a rather large forum myself and have delved aplenty into the psychology of all sorts of different people online during my session there; there're thousands of trolls out there with literally millions of random forums on t3h 1337 Int4rwebz to incite chaos on. If a troll is going to post absolute crap (in this case, chrono's keys, etc.), he would feel absolutely no remorse whatsoever over his actions just because he was banned from a forum with a slightly larger community than the usual and move on, and if he was let off, he would—granted, there are those who would try to establish a sort of false security with the monitors of the messageboard before unleashing their next barrages of bull@#$!, but they come few and far between—instantly start spamming the crap outta the place again while awaiting the next, permanent ban. It's much easier to just throw open the door and smack 'im right in his face a bit after kicking him out and testing his redone housetraining off the spot instead of just waiting for so long like you suggested.

Your idea does apply in some situations tho', I realize; I'm just pointing out that the average online jerk doesn't usually pull away from malice easily. ;)

Quote from: VijchtiDoodah
... I'll just leave you alone for now and see what happens.
Ah dang, I just read that... thar goes all this typing. :-\
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:56:33 am by Keron Cyst »

Offline GNU

• Major
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 05:34:42 am »
Yeah, remember that guy???

I hear he still holds a grudge for no apparent reason.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 11:59:29 am »
GNu = ChrisGBK?!?!

O and are you talking about EnEsCe?
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline GNU

• Major
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 05:25:04 pm »
GNu = ChrisGBK?!?!

No.

I don't know who ChrisGBK is but I can assure you, I rock harder than he.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:14:55 pm by GNU »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 12:21:44 am »
Now there. Now we are absolutely sure chrono has been suspended for a valid reason, and due to no accident. This kind of situation is where Vij's perspective comes into play. :)

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 02:47:52 am »
lol @ GNU
Lmao I second that.
And anywaysm good to have you back Chrono, but be good now.
18:15

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 05:05:54 am »
GNU, theres another hacker you forgot, but he still plays in the servers at 2am.

GNU rocks.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 05:14:43 am »
Yeah, remember that guy???

I hear he still holds a grudge for no apparent reason.
Yeah I remember him, im pretty sure he has no grudge though, just a certain community that cant tell the fakes from the reals.

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 08:11:34 am »
When the original includes code in other peoples software that quits the server on certain IP's, I think that still counts as being a grudge. 

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 08:42:16 am »
time to close this thread