Poll

Do weapon need a general boost?

Yes, by boosting all weapon
Yes, by making Headshots worth more
No, the balance is good
Ehm....I dunno.... look, Im just here to tell everyone that I'm gay and I love the taste of c#m a lot...
Yes, by making a hybrid of the 2, heads and general boost

Author Topic: somewhat underpowered?  (Read 22457 times)

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
Re: somewhat underpowered?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2007, 01:06:39 am »
Actually, the speed of the bullet helps determine how much damage you do.  And since, as the bullet goes further through the air, it loses speed, it also loses damage.  So you will do more damage at close range, then at long range.

Also at extreme ranges, weapons lose a lot of their effectiveness.  Some coding with when your bullet reaches one screen length, the damage it deals drops dramatically.  That right there was used to try to kill spraying.  And was rather effective for the most part.

Anyway, while I don't believe we should flat out boost every weapon, I would rather see weak weapons get a boost, rather then overpowered weapons get a nerf.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2007, 02:53:19 am »
Actually, the speed of the bullet helps determine how much damage you do.  And since, as the bullet goes further through the air, it loses speed, it also loses damage.  So you will do more damage at close range, then at long range.

Also at extreme ranges, weapons lose a lot of their effectiveness.  Some coding with when your bullet reaches one screen length, the damage it deals drops dramatically.  That right there was used to try to kill spraying.  And was rather effective for the most part.

Anyway, while I don't believe we should flat out boost every weapon, I would rather see weak weapons get a boost, rather then overpowered weapons get a nerf.

This is easily proven with the knife...

Anyway, Saw Needs a little more speed, I mean im constantly Supermanning, And i cant kill for nuts.
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2007, 04:58:21 am »
No i was trying to make it positive!
As in i would like it buffed so that short range damage was upped, because no matter how far away you are, on the one screen, it still does the same damage because you're on one screen. even if you are just on one screen or basically punching them in the face and kicking them in the balls...
I wasn't saying "OMFG BAR NEEDZ NERFZ!! one!! eleven seventeen M!!!1!1 i wasn't saying nerf it at all... :\
Lol, internets.

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2007, 10:09:46 am »
I'd say increasing the damage of weapons is actualy better, even though it won't make much difference to excruciators original ctf_Run situation. Thats because the high skilled guy might actually kill people quicker but he will also take just as much damage but the only difference is it will be over a shorter period of time.

Now i know the above has already been mentioned in the this topic but there are some new advantages with high damage bullets like in the situation below:

Say you kill someone a second or so before you get into the enemy's base and there is another guy defending there.
With the new high damage bullets...

- You will have more bullets left from the previous battle meaning you'll have a greater chance of killing the defender.

-If you manage to kill the defender you would have probably killed him faster (than with low damage bullets). This means you have a bit more time to run away with the flag before the 1st guy you killed spawns.

So higher bullet damage may make soldat better for capping.

Anyway i like the idea of being able to kill more people per clip
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:14:24 am by soulblade »

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2007, 10:47:53 am »
Balance is good as it is.
If you will make headshot dmg higher, it will just reqire more luck, no skill. ;F
If you want to make all weapons stronger... play realistic.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2007, 11:18:45 am »
Balance is good as it is.
If you will make headshot dmg higher, it will just reqire more luck, no skill. ;F
If you want to make all weapons stronger... play realistic.

not really, I personally only go for torso and head area, legs are out of the question.

Date Posted: November 18, 2007, 11:16:15 am

I know but the current balance still allows you to spray and dealing dmg very effectively, for certain gun such as ak the bullet should lose momentum quicker than how is it now.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2007, 01:34:04 pm »
not really, I personally only go for torso and head area, legs are out of the question.
... Sure, but amount of headshots (especially with auto) is a bit random.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2007, 02:31:53 pm »

I Agree.

If we up ALL the weapons, Our life Spans will be shorter...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2007, 02:32:56 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2007, 05:30:06 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 07:34:44 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

No, it isn't. Many kills happen so fast anyways I think I'm playing realistic!
[fist] Black Powa

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2007, 07:41:39 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

No! The thing is, normal is much too slow! It should be more arcadey, while realistic is, in fact, more realistic.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2007, 11:13:12 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

No! The thing is, normal is much too slow! It should be more arcadey, while realistic is, in fact, more realistic.
Posting opinions as facts is biased, D: .
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2007, 11:47:49 am »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

compared to realistic, its much much shorter, so it is a fact.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2007, 03:10:34 pm »
ccccccccccccc combo breaker

Now the point of Normal mode was always supposed to be an arcadey shooter, now it doesn't seem to be because you die so much slower.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2007, 01:20:32 am »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

I mean, Look At Grand theft auto SA. (Steers away) You die in like so mny hits. If it was so realistic, youll die in One - Five.

(Steers back) If you used the ruger... B A M, Youll be dead. So boosting - No No.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2007, 08:28:58 am »
so ruger would still have to make 2 hits while giving autos a chance to live through and ruger attack.

How the feck can auto beat a 2 shot ruger? It would require 100% headshots, and that isn't even possible, not even in theory, due to bullet spread.

Though, it is a totally different situation when Ruger misses once or more, but so does auto.

Also remember that there will be more spraying and less capping in CTF games. It is alot harder to get the flag + escape in INF, in HTF it is alot harder to hold the flag etc.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:30:53 am by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2007, 12:16:22 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

I mean, Look At Grand theft auto SA. (Steers away) You die in like so mny hits. If it was so realistic, youll die in One - Five.

(Steers back) If you used the ruger... B A M, Youll be dead. So boosting - No No.
not really, if dont auto aim you can probably gun down people with 2 well aimed shots. and usually it takes 2-3 shots to kill someone, so it is realistic.

Date Posted: November 20, 2007, 12:14:49 pm
so ruger would still have to make 2 hits while giving autos a chance to live through and ruger attack.

How the feck can auto beat a 2 shot ruger? It would require 100% headshots, and that isn't even possible, not even in theory, due to bullet spread.

Though, it is a totally different situation when Ruger misses once or more, but so does auto.

Also remember that there will be more spraying and less capping in CTF games. It is alot harder to get the flag + escape in INF, in HTF it is alot harder to hold the flag etc.

meh sometime you can make confuse the rugerer with streams of bullets.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2007, 02:13:59 pm »
I like the weapon balance as it is. People still die fast enough if you actually hit them.
Getting away with the flag is the way it always was....spawn time and number dependant.
o/

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2007, 03:45:57 pm »
I like the weapon balance as it is. People still die fast enough if you actually hit them.
Getting away with the flag is the way it always was....spawn time and number dependant.

so in other words...luck since you have no way to know when people is going to respawn...
Thats why we want to make it less luck dependent