Author Topic: ctf_Dormant (Laos)  (Read 2339 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
ctf_Dormant (Laos)
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:51:59 pm »

Good, I was really worried I coudn't make it in time. Im going to Spain for couple weeks so.
Today is kind of like the deadline for me. Credits of waypointing goes to Blacksheepboy.

As for the description of map, I usually make some ridicilious story for it, but not this time.
Im really f**king bored. Grayscale, asymmetric, multitextured.. That's all. Texture and most of the
sceneries is made by me.

Nejoy!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:53:59 pm by smiluu »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: ctf_Dormant (Laos)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:33:34 pm »
As much as I want to say that I like the ending, I can't. Though everything you've made looks very patient, perfect multitexturing, damn neat sceneryusage.

I don't like the texture, especially that "hard ground" doesn't please my eye.

I've once made black and white themed map, it made me depressed. This is a bit samelike, can't enjoy if there are no colors.

I'm appreciating your style to put much effort into these maps, you don't see a lot of that nowadays.

Waiting for playtest.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:37:34 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 04:36:06 am »
This map is one of the very "thought through " maps and like your awesome kind of shading and details, although like suow I like colors and this is abit too much, clean white, for my taste

Good work! it wont surprise me if you win this competition ;)

Offline Jakious

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:23:36 am »
Played this on #awesome.gather, it was way fun. Especially knowing where efc will go.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:05:39 am »
I can´t play on this map, even if it is a techwinter themed map I can´t get used to this colors :(

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:49:48 pm »
As for me, the colors don't bother me one bit. I rather enjoy this style, and the use of snow is great. Also, your multitexturing has always fascinated me.

Edit

Ahem.. well with the some bullets, the gray-esque background can be a bit iffy.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:55:09 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:38:30 pm »
It looks really artistic to be sure...and as a layout it's pretty purtty, but in game the whole black and white thing'd probably get kinda boring! It's still better then anything I've ever made...yeah she's beautiful ;D
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:24:46 pm »
I agree on the dullness of the grey theme, but the job you've done here is awesome, I love the detail in the industrialy parts. I'd place my vote for this one, really =D

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 09:23:55 am »
Played this on #awesome.gather, it was way fun. Especially knowing where efc will go.

How was the balance, I haven't been able to test the map yet so I'd be cool if you told us :)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 01:27:46 pm »
I think the balance was bad at our game, bacause some players like for example blah had no mouse :--D
so I think as long as skill is equal it is pretty balanced. Bravo and alpha team has different gameplay and worries during the game so it propably needs some time to get used to the both sides to have an equal game. And this is pretty common in asymmetric maps.

Offline MetsuriTossavainen

• Camper
  • The Chainsaw Wizard
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 02:09:32 pm »
Well... This is a.. total remake.