Author Topic: The Official Suggestions Sticky - Read before posting!  (Read 70183 times)

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
The Official Suggestions Sticky - Read before posting!
« on: November 05, 2006, 12:01:23 am »
The Official Suggestions Sticky

The Don't-Suggest List
NEW WEAPONS This would invite even more weapon-balance issues, disrupt Soldat's file layout, mess up functionality of old mods, etc. Besides, you can already edit weapons.ini ;)

Map Features Weapon spawns, new power-ups, new waypoint coding, etc. (Marcinkowski himself declared that just about any suggestions regarding new map features will be ignored unless he specifically announces that the map format shall be changed, which he most likely shall not anymore due to the time-absorbing Link-Dead project)

Map Format Destructible terrain, liquids, VEHICLES, mobile polygons (these would require a gigantic map format change as already covered above, they would be huge changes to gameplay which would not only disgust many current players but probably result in more glitches, etc.)

Player Experience A Counter-Strike style money system, soldier classes, alternate weapon functions, bleeding to death, a level-like experience system (None of these will ever be implemented because any would forever ruin the arcadey, nostalgic simplicity of Soldat which makes it so popular, aside from the massive coding time)

Climbing as an official gamemode (just too much of a hassle, really, and doesn't count as a true Soldat gamemode for violence-loving masses ;))

Genders, explosive weapons (Uh... hello? :P Kinda obvious why, eh?)
Imagine the /secret abuse. >_>

Console Porting Soldat will never be programmed for portable consoles/machines, or probably even regular gaming consoles (Michal doesn't have the money nor the time to do so, and even then gameplay probably would flop on such systems, though if you want to play Soldat on Linux, feel free to help with the Soldat Wine project.)

Dynamic weapon limitation (in a match on a server, # of a particular weapon limited based on how many players are using the weapon, etc.); this is in the latest server version, and is possible through scripting.

Limited Ammo, since it's already been suggested Here, Here and Here.

Public Demands
A suggestion shall be considered a public demand if all the comments on a suggestion are 85% or higher in support, and any possible negative effects of it are not majorly glitch-inviting or heavily gameplay-modifying other than the idea itself; common sense shall dictate, obviously.

Gameplay
Kit Parachutes; Keron Cyst (GrenadeKits, MediKits, and bonuses drift down on parachutes if spawns in a map are set at a high altitude, like players)
Allow spectators to retain score; bja888 (so players can quickly take a piss, help with groceries, etc. and come back with their score still being safely held during a match)
/settaunt; DePhille (be able to change, save, and load taunts in-game via commands)
Specific Map Ambiance; Gnoblar (be able to add a specific sound file to any specific map, to have said file played throughout that map in-game)
Additional crouch advantage; a-4-year-old (1.5x faster reload while crouching)
Weapon-drawing; Gotfryd (be able to drop one's weapon and draw one's secondary simultaneously)
Postmortem grenade-kill count; Gotfryd (prevent deaths from canceling pre-mortem-thrown grenades)
Deflect fall damage by rolling; TradeMAAK

Graphics
Blood Stains; Rambo_6 (client-side graphical option to allow gore to temporarily tinge terrain)
Animated Spawn Spark; GAMEOVER (allow frames for animation of the spark effect which accompanies player spawning and flag scores)
RamboMatch; Unlucky XIII (temporary graphic notifier of Rambo's death in the kill list)
Client-side dynamic effects; popsofctown (have different music and/or sounds occur upon events such as flag capture, switch to different graphics or modded skins upon cumulative kills, etc.)
Allow folder ..\Soldat\Weapons-gfx\BravoWeapons-gfx\, etc.; RabidTreeFrog (Allow Bravo and Delta teams to have differing weapons from Alpha and Charlie teams regarding weapons, their sounds, and weapon-menu text)
Actual Minigun Barrel Rotation; Espadon
APNG support for animated graphics; Serial K!ller

Weapons
Grenade explosion time; LeetFidle (be able to modify grenades' explosion time)
Fireinterval - Decimal Places; Skskav/8th_Account, resuggested by STM1993 (Let ticks be measured in milliseconds)
Revamp of Current Weapons system; Peemonkey
Grenade Detonation; L[0ne]R (optional: remove grenades' ability to detonate on impact and go only by time limit) (did not reach 85%+ community support)
Overheating Firearms; scarface09 (did not reach 85%+ community support)

Menu
Randomize checkbox for maplist; Keron Cyst (along with Loop, put a Randomize checkbox to constantly shuffle the order of a server's maps)
Filter Improvement; warchild (be able to exclude "Realistic" and more from the server filter)
Lobby Search Bar; Scarface09 (be able to search for any map or server in the lobby)

Match Modifications/Additions
Inf teamplay swap; tendulker (dynamic team switch after every map)
Team RamboMatch, modified Survival Team RamboMatch; Twistkill
1-vs.-1 duel system; The Epic Guy

Server-side, Miscellaneous
(If Soldat's map format will ever be expanded) Explosive Polygon Type; Graham (like Deadly polygon, but players instead explode upon touch) (Soldat 1.5.1+)
800x600 Default Soldat Resolution; ElephantHunter
See votes in admin console & logs; xmRipper (allow admins to see map- or kickvotes in the console and logs)
Extra mouse button recognition; SadistAtHeart (let the game detect mice with more than the standard buttons) (Soldat 1.5.1+)
Scenery Verification; MetalWarrior (prevent client-side replacement of scenery with transparent graphics)
better display of server list; Gotfryd (allow "Join Game" tab list to be maximized in higher resolutions)
Client-server mod compatibility; Gotfryd
Overtime / Last Chance; Snake (don't prevent match clock from ending a match if a flag is captured when clock reaches 00:00; keep match going until flag scores or is returned)
Adjustable invincibility; Gotfryd (optional; allow server to change length of respawn invincibility)
Server-side: Display map cycle; TradeMAAK (be able to see all the maps any given server supports; for voting)

If we missed any threads that ought to be Public Demands, just post their links in this thread or PM echo_trail, Keron Cyst, or SadistAtHeart! Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:21:19 pm by Shoozza »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Already suggested, unlikely to ever be implemented.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:05:21 am »
Stickied and linked to in the rules.  The post may be edited depending on the accuracy of some statements made.  We'll see what MM and EnEsCe have to say about them.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:51:12 am »
5. Pretty much every new game mode - Coding.

New gamemodes can't hurt, can they? :(

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 01:48:57 am »
10. Map specific bots - More coding, .pms format change.

Can already be done through the use of ESA or some other server program with scripting. ;)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 03:19:48 am »
Great idea. Much needed topic.

While all ideas are passable they wont happen mainly due to time constraints on MM.

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 06:58:00 am »

I would suggest a list of the easiest to implement ideas.
Ideas that needs litle coding.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:01:18 am by Tallacaps »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 10:21:58 am »
Gah, I was working on this kind of thread!

I'd like to edit the threadstarter, please :P

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 04:43:01 pm »
Gah, I was working on this kind of thread!

I'd like to edit the threadstarter, please :P

Go ahead, I got your PM.

Edited fo gramma.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 11:09:58 pm by Nfsjunkie91 »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: The Official Suggestions Sticky
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 10:11:26 pm »
Tweak3d

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 10:23:01 pm »
It's so... official! :D

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
  • When life gives you lemons, eat them :D
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 03:19:34 pm »
Here's a popular supported idea:http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8014.0
In-Game Name: "Master Chief43"
Favorite Map: ctf_Ash
Favorite Mods: Special Operation 2.0, Original Soldier 1.9
Favorite Guns: [MP5][AK74][socom][Barret]

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 05:49:41 pm »
my dramatic effects-modded idea has over 90% approval, i think the one guy who voted against might be one of those ppl who just hate me.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up, popsofctown; added.

I don't judge by attached polls because they are so inaccurate. I check posts specifically for thoughts & ideas on the suggestion, and count and calculate % manually

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:06 pm »
Limited ammo as an option....you definately missed that. I've seen it requested many times, and I reckon its needed....It will certainly stop people spraying!....
Just another soul to burn.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 11:28:54 pm »
Limited ammo would pretty much ruin the game, because half the fun is not worrying about running out of clips or magazines.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 09:22:34 am »
Did you read this thread?  You need 90% approval, not 10% approval.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 03:36:56 pm »
Messed up on the BBcode of the last one.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 05:21:41 pm »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=8621.0
Simple idea, up to you if it's worthy enough for the list.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 07:28:13 pm »
Whoops, BBCode fixed. Don't know why this was unpinned...
@jrgp; you just made the thread today. I need more opinion before judging (and to be honest it doesn't seem that brilliant a suggestion for reasons covered by those who posted, IMHO :P)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 05:50:30 pm »
oh, i retract my harsh remark in response to the bone collector.  i mixed u up with the dude who wanted to limit how many times a game u could use the m79 or barret.  missed the word ammo.  sry!

\\\**I love DM**///